1.1

I offer digital products, more specifically, video tutorials.A customer bought my services, download ALL my videos and a couple of days later stated to Gumroad that I scammed him.

Gumroad didn't even ask me what had happened, instantly opted to refund 100% of the money to the customer. Despite the fact that I proved to Gumroad that my product was legitimate and I had contacted the customer to offer support and reassure the quality of my services, Gumroad didn't even hesitate and blamed me guilty and tried to get the money out of my account. But the story doesn't end there, a few months later I decided to start using Gumroad again (my mistake, I know), thinking that they might have changed their policy. They allowed me to run my services and create sales, once all my sales were made, then they decided to suspend my account again and retain all my profits WOW!

Just to finish my story, I had contacted customer support and I got the most sarcastic and arrogant answer that you can ever imagine. Bad product, bad support, worst employees that you can ever imagine.

You will be better off, paying a nice template for your site and get payments through PayPal.Lesson learnt, now you make your own conclusion.

Review about: Gumroad Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Gumroad you are the worst.

I liked: Easy to deliver and buy.

I didn't like: Customer service, Reliability, Support, Scam, Unreasonable service.

Comments

gumroadhelp

1) http://help.gumroad.com/how-does-gumroad-handle-chargebacks

2) We definitely did not keep your money.We refund all of it.

100% of it.Check back with us any time, I'm more than happy to provide you with proof of this.

gumroadhelp

We are not in the wrong here.

A chargeback is a chargeback.

We can't decide whether or not to honor them. It's not a choice.

We probably explained it to you in great detail, but just in case:

We're pretty clear about it.

And our hands are tied.If you don't like how chargebacks are handled then you can write to your Senator and have them change the laws about how chargebacks work.

to gumroadhelp #1433846

Whenever I contact gumroad you are rude and defensive and you lie trying to deflect blame to the customer. Just stop. I can't even believe how bad gumroad is.