1.1K views

Update by user Sep 08, 2018

I was unable to respond to your request for more information due to page errors so I have attached error page and provided info requested to validate my review. Proof that files were 'given away' (without credit card entry for purchase and no indication of test mode) are at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDXtpErXk8AfSokbl-taOgPhCXNTCTvH/view?usp=sharing Those files are still accessible and downloadable on a closed account, where files have been deleted.

Isn't that giving away products ( with no credit card request or entry and no indication of 'test mode' prior to file release) with link still active? I was horrified when I gained immediate access, without any request for credit card.

The GOOGLE+ profile for the company is https://plus.google.com/104059****685******** The error message preventing request for more infor can be found: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s5SfiVh1uUa7EAyF7h3adRolCmr61W_e/view?usp=sharing The message below is from Pissed Consumer: Dear BTrayed1, We need your help in order to make your review more visible to Gumroad and your fellow consumers. We would really appreciate you spending time and providing additional information: https://gumroad.pissedconsumer.com/questions.html?rv=134****&s=79ed858b30adc5cd81a1bc7c15d8d240 Sincerely, PissedConsumer.com Team

Update by user Sep 08, 2018

Subject: BBB Complaint SEP 08, 2018 | 07:13AM PDT Tomas replied: OK, again: NONE of your products were given away. You made that up.

And your reasoning for not emailing us makes no sense – “Instead of emailing you directly, I first looked up a website that hosts complaints about you. I read those complaints, and then I complained there instead…” MY RESPONSE: You are ignoring the fact that no credit card was required. You are ignoring the fact that I clicked from my social media purchase link that was provided by Gumroad. You are ignoring there was no notification of 'Test' mode.

You are ignoring that those files are still accessible and downloadable on a account closed, where files have been deleted. Isn't that giving away products (no credit card) with link still active? I was horrified when I gained immediate access, without any request for credit card. View attached screen shot taken today!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDXtpErXk8AfSokbl-taOgPhCXNTCTvH/view?usp=sharing What are you testing, if no card is requested? Test mode should require credit card entry, not confirm file delivery capability. Securing payment is what should be tested. I screen shot and kept link to show that although you say that it was in 'Test' mode on email, those files are still accessible for download.

Why would your test mode not ask for credit card but I still have access? I have been publishing online for over 6 years. You resort to insults by questioning whether I know what a 'Test' mode is. Then you call me a liar when I said you're giving products away when I still have access and license keys.

The words 'Test mode' does not negate - no credit card entry and access. Again, my advice is to not attack the seller. Instead, make adjustments to the platform to clearly request a credit card, enable the system to distinguish (CLEARLY) that you are in 'Test Mode' and not provide full access to product files while in test mode. I am very familiar with a test purchase.

Even your test purchase should have required some kind of card entry before releasing files. All I did was press the buy button and I received an email and access to the attached product files. I went to the link that I put on social media and clicked buy. They were published items with an amount that should have required a credit card.

When a product is published, there should be no question as to whether a buy button is live or in test mode. Gumroad provided a link for a published product that should have required a credit card regardless of which mode the product was in. Just because you may be negatively impacted by truth does not make it a lie! The only email that I want to receive from you, is the notice that your 'Test Mode' has been updated!

Please do not respond directly to me again! Tiwanda

Update by user Sep 07, 2018

By the way, my name is not Susanne... shows the care put into addressing issues.

Update by user Sep 07, 2018

This is the email they sent to BBB Better Business Bureau has received a response to your Customer Review submission. The business indicated: Susanne doesn't know how to use the platform and is getting upset about something that is intentionally designed by the site.

She is describing the "test purchase" feature where a seller can test out the purchase flow of their products. We are not giving away products for free. Susanne never once emailed us to ask about this feature. If she had, we would have set things straight immediately.

Questions?? 866-411-**** or info@***.org This is the email sent directly to me: Subject: BBB Complaint ________________________________________ SEP 07, 2018 | 10:06AM PDT Tomas replied: It seems like you were confused by the “test purchase” feature, and instead of simply emailing us with questions, you filed a complaint about us on the BBB website. Would you care to maybe ask us questions about our platform, rather than, you know, slander us? ---- My response to them: I did not file a complaint, I shared my experience.

Slander? You've got hundreds of negative reviews where you belittle or ignore clients... Your tone in this response is reflected in all of your responses. I liked your platform, so I gave it a try with a few products.

As a seller, it is important to know that my product is valued and protected. Fix your platform to clearly distinguish between 'Test' mode on published products to require a credit card so as to instill confidence. Why would I put a test mode link on social media? I am very familiar with a test purchase.

When a product is published, there should be no question as to whether a buy button is live or in test mode. Gumroad provided a link for a published product that should have required a credit card regardless of which mode the product was in. What are you testing, if no card is requested? Test mode should require credit card entry, not confirm file delivery capability.

Securing payment is what should be tested. I have been publishing online for over 6 years. As far as my not contacting your company directly, I have read your company's response to previous negative reviews so I did not want to even waste the time. Besides, I have had my products given away without any communication.

I have every reason to be disappointed and concerned. Just because the email says test mode purchase, it does not justify file release.

My background is customer service, so I suggest that you alert Gumroad to hire individuals who care about salvaging business relationship and valuing sellers. Thank you,

Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2018

DON'T USE - They give your files away for FREE! I uploaded a few products to test their services.

I entered the product cost and uploaded files. After two days, i clicked on link and it didn't even ask for a credit card.

It delivered the files without payment entry.

I deleted the files and closed the account! They are ***

I am trying Simple Goods and so far, no sells yet but at least they value your work by asking for credit card before giving your files away!

Gumroad Cons: Customer service, I do not appreciate them resorting to insults and name calling.

Comments