Accounts blocked. Earnings gone. No warnings! There is something really wrong about Gumroad's policy. Read the mail thread with the CEO - Sahil.
Update added by user Jan 11
Here is the mail thread with the CEO of Gumroad - http://i.imgur.com/qtk6Rlj.jpg
Original review posted by user Jan 09
We have (or rather had) two accounts with Gumroad (GR) and were pretty happy about it. We loved GR ... until yesterday!
On 29th Dec, our accounts were suspended without any stating reasons or any notification from GR. We contacted their support, they simply apologized and "un-suspended" the accounts. We lost a day worth of sales, but lets just move on, right?
Wrong! They blocked our accounts again on 7th Jan and this time they refunded all the (unwithdrawn) amount we earned to buyers! shocker!
We asked, the CEO (Mr. Sahil) said, sorry but find another provider. We can't sustain our business with more than 1% chargeback. Wait.. what?
We have had 3 chargebacks in 41 odd transactions. Out of these we won the first one and rest two were filed on 7th Jan itself, so we are in progress with buyers to understand their problem.
Now one may ask
- Why did Gumroad not send any notification on account suspension?
- Why did they suspend our accounts the first time around and just brought them back? What happened back then?
- If 1% has to be calculated, they should take a good sample, say atleast 100 transactions!!!
- If 1% is legit, they why didn't they put this in their terms?[https://gumroad.com/terms]
- If 1% is all it takes to bring down Gumroad, will they sustain their business model?
Either system messed up big time or they seriously have some fundamental flaws with their policy.
My intentions to post this here are simple - to let everyone know about their "hidden" policy to make sure sellers are prepared next time! That's all.
PS: We calculated our lost earnings last night (by going through emails from GR) and it looks like we lost around $797 + (two days of lost sales due to account suspension). :-(
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gumroad Account
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "Directv account number:76802935Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."