Accounts blocked. Earnings gone. No warnings! There is something really wrong about Gumroad's policy. Read the mail thread with the CEO - Sahil.
Update added by user Jan 11, 2016
Here is the mail thread with the CEO of Gumroad - http://i.imgur.com/qtk6Rlj.jpg
Original review posted by user Jan 09, 2016
We have (or rather had) two accounts with Gumroad (GR) and were pretty happy about it. We loved GR ... until yesterday!
On 29th Dec, our accounts were suspended without any stating reasons or any notification from GR. We contacted their support, they simply apologized and "un-suspended" the accounts. We lost a day worth of sales, but lets just move on, right?
Wrong! They blocked our accounts again on 7th Jan and this time they refunded all the (unwithdrawn) amount we earned to buyers! shocker!
We asked, the CEO (Mr. Sahil) said, sorry but find another provider. We can't sustain our business with more than 1% chargeback. Wait.. what?
We have had 3 chargebacks in 41 odd transactions. Out of these we won the first one and rest two were filed on 7th Jan itself, so we are in progress with buyers to understand their problem.
Now one may ask
- Why did Gumroad not send any notification on account suspension?
- Why did they suspend our accounts the first time around and just brought them back? What happened back then?
- If 1% has to be calculated, they should take a good sample, say atleast 100 transactions!!!
- If 1% is legit, they why didn't they put this in their terms?[https://gumroad.com/terms]
- If 1% is all it takes to bring down Gumroad, will they sustain their business model?
Either system messed up big time or they seriously have some fundamental flaws with their policy.
My intentions to post this here are simple - to let everyone know about their "hidden" policy to make sure sellers are prepared next time! That's all.
PS: We calculated our lost earnings last night (by going through emails from GR) and it looks like we lost around $797 + (two days of lost sales due to account suspension). :-(
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gumroad Account
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Dear Customer Service Representative: I bought a video set(The Sounds of American English (https://gum.co/Sounds_of_American_English)) but being charged three times for the same product- a video set. I placed an order on Jan...."
- "I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015. Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "I received in the postal mail yesterday 01-14-17 five packages from Nationwide Bank mailed from zip code "02021" which is Canton Massachusetts, 25 account numbers that I "supposedly" opened. The..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "I was making my travel reservations on Cheapoair for my trip to Boston- Athens, Athens-Santorini and Santorini-Athens and Athens-Bos. As I had to make separate reservations Bos-Athens-Bos, Athens-Santorini-Athens for the..."